Updated for 2016
For somebody considering a vacation rental in the Disney area you really only have a few choices. The areas where short term renting is allowed is narrowed down to: Kissimmee (Mostly West Central and West Kissimmee), Davenport (North Davenport), Clermont (South Clermont) and One very small part of South West Orlando along the I-Drive Area. So with these choices being presented to you how do you know which area is the best? I won’t say that Davenport is the absolute BEST because I like specific things about each area however, I have 10 reasons why Davenport would make a fantastic choice for your vacation rental!
1. Golf– Davenport is basically a golf mecca. Being home to courses like Champion’s Gate, Highland’s Reserve and Providence there is no shortage of good golf pretty much every where you go in Davenport. If you want to specialize in a vacation rental niche, golf would be an easy choice.
2. Short Term Rental Friendly- While anything can change any where at any time, Davenport is currently one of the friendliest short term rental towns in Orlando. A MASSIVE part of their economy is built on tourism and vacation rentals are a huge part of that.
3. Off The Beaten Path- While Davenport is quickly building up with new communities like Champion’s Gate and by some of America’s largest home builders like Lennar and Park Square Homes, it’s still pretty undeveloped compared to the busier towns like Kissimmee and the I-Drive area.
4. Good Prices- It’s no secret prices have gone up in the last 5 years since the flood of foreclosures hit the market however, there are still good deals to be had in communities like Highlands Reserve and Calabay Parc that remain popular tourist destinations for vacation renting.
5. Awesome Neighbors- Davenport is a vacation rental hotspot so all your neighbors are most likely going to be second homeowners also. What’s great about that is that it automatically creates a common bond and makes it easier to connect with your neighbors (if you’re both actually there are the same time!). It’s also great because you can team up and create a booking share group, when your home is booked you can refer guests back and fourth to each other!
6. Easy To Book- Davenport is well known overseas (specifically in the UK) and is a highly sought after area to stay for those looking to rent a holiday villa. This means it should be pretty easy to generate bookings on your home simply based on the location. Many guests will even book your house again for next year if they enjoy their stay.
7. Incredible Resort Options- Davenport is home to some of Orlando’s nicest private resorts. If you are looking for a top of the line, five star resort style community you’re likely going to love what Davenport has to offer. Communities with not just pools but their own private water parks, championship golf courses, concierge and that’s not even scratching the surface.
8. New Build Homes- If you prefer new construction, like many people do, Davenport has that to offer as well. There are plenty of new build communities going up all over Davenport that will definitely impress even the pickiest buyers. Private waterparks, 8+ bedroom floorplans, state of the art clubhouses and the occasional dead cockroach you find laying in the shower at your final walk through. What’s not to love about new Florida homes?
9. Less Traffic- Who wants to come on vacation and fight off lanes of traffic and angry locals using obscene hand gestures out their window? Davenport’s main hwy 27, where most of the communities are located, is very rarely congested even during rush hour. If only all of Orlando could be that way.
10. Location- Davenport’s main Hwy 27 is located right off 1-4 and is a quick and easy drive to the theme parks, the airport, shopping plazas and just about everything you need. There’s nothing worse than flying in to a city, that you don’t know very well, in the middle of the night; getting lost and/or having to drive an hour or more to your destination.
What’s NOT to love about Davenport??
We hope to earn the opportunity of helping you achieve your investment property goals this year. To set up a free, no obligation investment property consultation with us please use our scheduling tool or contact us directly at 866-422-6191 and if you have enjoyed this article please consider subscribing to our blog and stay updated on future information.